The Associated Master Painters and Decorators of Philadelphia (AMPD) were established in Philadelphia, PA in the spring of 1937.
Since its founding, the purposes of the AMPD have always been to:
- Provide a clearing house of information for all phases of the painting and decorating industry
- Improve the ethical standards which govern the relations of the various persons engaged in painting and decorating
- Promote sound credit standards and practices in the painting and decorating industry and to collect and publish statistics pertaining thereto
- Encourage the settlement of trade disputes by arbitration
- Provide facilities for concerted action on matter of general concern to the painting and decorating industry
- Induce and maintain the untitled action of all the elements of the painting and decorating industry in such manner as to advance the public interest